Safety as a Priority
Safety is always a priority at moveero. From our working environment to the performance of and working with our products. For employees, customers and all partners, we encourage safe working practices and are committed to health and safety.
Safety procedures and standards for servicing rims, wheels and tires
Tires, rims and wheel assemblies are safety-critical items that must be maintained and used correctly to prevent accidents and minimize exposure to health risks.
Tires and rims require regular maintenance and service by trained and qualified professionals. There are numerous local, national and industry standards which provide instruction and advice on the correct procedures to follow.
Understanding the safety requirements
- Always deflate the tire you are working on (and both tires in a dual assembly) completely, before removing from the vehicle or machine or a tire from a rim wheel. Unseen damage could cause the assembly to explode during removal while it is still inflated.
- All service and maintenance operations must be performed only by an appropriately trained and qualified person: they must follow the correct procedures, utilise the correct tools and equipment and take all the necessary safety precautions.
- Improper handling and assembly of off-highway rim wheels can cause serious or fatal accidents. Components can explode at any time when proper procedures have not been followed, including during:
- Mounting and remounting
- Installation and removal
- Other handling or operation
Please note: as quoted by EUWA and OSHA, that: “it is mandatory for safety reasons that, before starting to unbolt the tire-wheel assembly from the vehicle axle, the tire must be fully deflated”. In the case of a twin (dual) assembly, both tires must be fully deflated.
For further information and support please contact us
We urge those involved in the servicing of tire and wheels to read the following:
- The U.S. Department of Labor and Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OHSA) document 29 CFR part 1910.177 entitled servicing of Singe-piece and Multi-piece wheels, and
- The U.S. Department of Labor Mine Safety and Health Administration Tire and Safety Awareness Program 30, CFR parts 56/57.14100.
Copies of these servicing standard can be found in the links box of this section.
Please view the related links to help you guard against risk and to ensure that you follow the correct guidelines to safe tire service and maintenance.
For specific advice please download the safety guidelines document and read in conjunction with the points below.
A reminder for your safety - key tire safety points
- Always deflate tires before commencing any work.
- Never service any tires, wheels or rims without appropriate training.
- Always use the recommended safety equipment and tools.
- Use a wheel cage or stand-off inflation device while inflating tires.
- Undertake the appropriate training: never service any tires, wheels or rims without appropriate training.
- Tire servicing tools and equipment: always use the recommended safety equipment and tools.
- The importance of deflating tires before commencing any work: Always deflate the tire you are working on (and both tires in a dual assembly) completely, before removing from the vehicle or machine or a tire from a rim wheel. Unseen damage could cause the assembly to explode during removal whilst it is still inflated.
- A wheel cage or stand-off inflation device should be used to protect persons while inflating tires.
Air pressure safety reminder
Air pressure in an inflated off-highway tire mounted on a wheel and rim creates explosive energy. This pressure can cause the tire/rim component to burst apart with great force.
This is true of both single piece and multi-piece assemblies.
If an exploding tire or rim component or the sudden release of air from a tire strikes you, you could be seriously or fatally injured. To help avoid accidents please follow all correct procedures in accordance with the EUWA or OSHA Standards.
The health and safety of our employees, customers, partners and others who interact with us and our products is a high priority. We are committed to providing a safe working environment that supports accident prevention and minimises exposure to health risks. Whether an employee, customer or supplier working with moveero we advise that you:
- Always follow the given safety instructions
- Always use the correct protective equipment and tools for the task at hand
- Help others be safe and work safely
- For further information please contact us