Vacancy – Maintenance Technician
moveero Ltd is about evolving every day - our wheel manufacturing, products & services for off-highway industries. With a history that dates back to 1908, we are proud of our heritage and continue to have the drive and determination to maintain our leading position in the markets we operate in - and our people play a large role in this.
Our business was built by passionate and committed people and now
moveero Ltd, based in Telford, are looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician to join their team in a fast paced, primarily off-highway wheel and automotive manufacturing environment.
To support the production process and manufacturing team at the Telford Site through breakdown repairs and PM’s. To contribute to continuous improvement by identifying and minimising root cause issues and raising safety concerns
Location and Contact Details
Hadley Castle Works, Hadley, Telford, Shropshire TFI 6AA
M54 - 1mile, M6 - 20 miles, Shrewsbury - 10 miles
Whitchurch - 18 miles, Birmingham Airport - 45 miles
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To prioritise, generate and promote safe working practices and adherence to Health and Safety standards at all times.
- Maintain adherence to PPE standards
- To provide effective maintenance support to assigned area by responding to breakdowns, diagnosing faults and repairing in a timely manner
- Implement, maintain and monitor/improve a PPM schedule for the assigned area plant and facilities.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance activities on plant and facilities.
- To create standard work and maintenance procedures
- To offer a professional, customer focussed approach to the maintenance of the plant
- To provide necessary and defined data for the natural work team board
- To offer a flexible approach to all requests for maintenance support and be actively part of the engineering team
- Consistently maintain and update all relevant documentation relating to maintenance activities in line with business audit requirements
- Reviewing of KPI data and undertaking role relevant corrective action(s)
- Maintenance of a safe working environment, keeping areas free from debris, ensuring housekeeping standards are at an acceptable level and recognising potential/actual hazards, taking corrective actions to minimise accidents
- Follow and promote company procedures relating to correct disposal of waste
- Support the generation and development of CI/EI actions that benefit the output of the function, health & safety and compliance to company standards
Qualifications and Skills
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualification in Electrical and Mechanical disciplines or combined maintenance engineering disciplines.
- Recognised apprenticeship or hold minimum of NVQ level 2 qualification or equivalent.
- Can demonstrate knowledge through on-the-job experience.
- 17th Edition wiring regulations/2391 inspection and testing (minimum for electrically biased).
- ABB Robotics Electrical.
- ABB Robotics Programming.
- ABB Robotics – MIG Welding.
- ABB Robotics – Safety and Operation (IRC 5).
- PLC Knowledge preferably Rockwell Logix, Drives and Networks.
- Basic Hydraulics.
- Basic Pneumatics.
- Basic Machining.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings.
- Understanding of root cause principles.
- LEAN Principals
- Access Platform
- Forklift Truck
- Crane License
- Abrasive Wheel
- PILZ Safety Control
- Sick Safety
- Appropriate level of written and verbal English required in order to satisfy Health & Safety requirements
Hours of Work:
- 37 hours per week Basic hours. The successful candidate should be willing to work all shift patterns
Basic salary: £34,125.12 per annum
In addition, this role attracts a shift allowance of £71.36 per week when working morning/afternoon shift and £116.36 per week when working night shift.
Payment for overtime worked in excess of your inclusive overtime and your normal working week will be paid as follows:
- Monday to Saturday = 1.5 x hourly rate
- Sunday = 2 x hourly rate
- 185 hours annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme membership (which includes Group Income Protection and Life Assurance)
How to Apply
Individuals who have an interest should email a copy of their CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Midnight on 13th November 2022